The infrared sensors scan a person's outer appearance and can not "see" through clothes, hair or shoes. Thus, it is very important to follow the preparation guidelines carefully for obtaining a good scan quality. This is the only way to guarantee accurate measurements.
- Clothes must be close-fitting and body-hugging (leggins, top) because folds in the clothes or clothing that is too tight might falsify the 3D analysis.
- Clothes must be identical for each scan because subsequent scanning with different clothing might falsify the comparison.
- Accessories such as glasses, jewellery or watch must be removed because they might mask measurement points.
- Shoes must be taken off because they might falsify body height.
- Socks must be taken off because they might affect image quality.
- Hair must be tied back at the back of the head because loose hair might falsify body height or mask measurement points in the neck area.
- Arms are straight and stretched to the side.
- Feet are positioned at shoulder width (turntable: on the blue ring).
- Check that there is a visible gap under armpits/crotch.
- It is very important to assume a correct A-pose because incorrect or unnatural posture (e.g. belly pulled in) might falsify measurement points.
- The distance between hands and hips must be ~20cm and the palms of the hands must be rotated inwards (fingers and thumb are pressed together). A too short gap between hands and hips might falsify measurement points.